What is a periscope:
an apparatus consisting of a tube attached to a set of mirrors or prisms, by which an observer (typically in a submerged submarine or behind a high obstacle) can see things that are otherwise out of sight.
For the making of a periscope we need:
- A cardboard piece (8inch by 12 inches)
- 2 pieces of mirror (2×2inch)
- A Glue gun
- Scissor and cutter blade
- Take a cardboard piece 8 by 12 inch
- Draw lines according to template
- Take both mirrors and paste them vertically on a 45-degree angle facing the shiny sides each other (on the section 1.5 inch)
- Then cut out rectangles in front of the mirrors and we will fold all these sides and make a cuboid then we paste it
Uses of Periscope
The periscope is used in the submarines to see what is going on the water surface, It was used for observation purposes in the trenches during World War I, It is used in some gun turrets and it is used in armed vehicles.